Completely re-engineered and re-imagined, CYCLONE RETWISTED is the next generation of Sample Logic’s CYCLONE. Now equipped with Sample Logic’s proprietary Step and FX Animator technology along with a new dual-voice additive synthesizer, CYCLONE RETWISTED is truly a one-stop shop for astounding, inspiring electronic sounds, and the ultimate sample synth solution for Kontakt.
This powerhouse virtual instrument contains over 475 brand new instruments and multis ranging from multi-layer motion pads and cinematic harmonic instruments to dubstep inspired basses, electronic hybrid leads, and experimental drum kits. CYCLONE RETWISTED also includes the original award-winning CYCLONE 1.0 in its entirety, as well as the Glow Multi expansion pack, providing a grand total of 850+ instruments and multis. So whether you’re on a tight deadline, in need of inspirational presets and production tools, or looking to dig deep and create your own twisted instruments, CYCLONE RETWISTED delivers amazing multi presets and instruments that are production ready and can be quickly customized for instant transformation.
Sample Logic has reinvented the user interface from the ground up ! The core of CYCLONE RETWISTED is focused around the user interface and experience, providing the freedom to infinitely transform samples into awesome twisted evolving synths with enormous power. The interface still includes Sample Logic’s signature Triggers, Wave, and LFOs, and now rises to new heights with several added features such as:
- An expanded, dual-voice additive synthesis engine called “Wave”
- An easy to modulate and sequence multi-voice “Pitch” section
- A “Dual Filter Oscillator” for unprecedented rhythmic effects
- Sample Logic’s proprietary Step Animator and FX Animator sequencers
CYCLONE 1.0 introduced Sample Logic’s additive synthesis engine, “Wave,” and now CYCLONE RETWISTED takes it to the next level with 41 wave shapes to choose from, and a dual-voice engine with independently-controllable volume envelopes, hi-cut filters, and FX animator engines. With this newly expanded, transposable wave section, waveforms can be added to the instrument’s overall sound, leading to endless customization and massive synths. In addition, each waveform volume can be sequenced via a Animators. Wave can be used in many ways, here are just a few examples:
- Add a sine wave transposed down a few octaves to add sub and thicken up a bass
- Sequence a wavetable volume to add a motion layer on top of a static pad
- Transpose a wave up a few octaves to add harmonics and make the overall instrument brighter
- Transpose a wave down a 5th to create harmonic instruments
Debuted in Sample Logic’s unprecedented atmosphere creation tool Xosphere, the DFO is back with a vengeance to help you quickly and easily create moving filter effects like you’ve never heard before, backed with the power of two user-adjustable LFOs. From subtle morphing to hard-hitting rhythmic movements, the Dual Filter Oscillator is yet another expansion to the suite of creative tools available in the CYCLONE RETWISTED interface.
One of the most powerful features in CYCLONE RETWISTED are the powerful “Multi Script Macros”, first introduced in Cinematic Guitars 2. Now more twisted than ever, Multi Script Macros can be automated by using the new macro knob step sequencers, resulting in real-time macro sequencing and instrument parameter control. On top of that, each of the 6 macro knobs can be assigned to any combination of instrument parameters within a multi. Multi script macros are completely customizable and can be easily created and saved. By design, any combination of instrument interface parameters can be assigned to a single macro. Whether performing live or automating a multi in a DAW, Multi Script Macros are the perfect production solution.
Real Time Effects
The interface is equipped with the following tweak-able effects:
- Over 850 Retwisted Instruments and Multis (CYCLONE Retwisted includes all of CYCLONE 1.0 and the Glow Multi Pack)
- 2.89 GB sample library using Kontakt’s lossless sample storage compression
- Requires Kontakt 5 Player (Free) or Retail version (sold separately) Version 5.4.1 or higher
- Mac OS X 10.7, 10.8, or 10.9 (latest update), Intel Core Duo, 2 GB RAM (4GB recommended)
- Windows 7/8 (latest Service Pack, 32/64 Bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2 GB RAM (4GB recommended)
- 2.89 GB free disk space for CYCLONE Retwisted sample content
- 1 GB free disk space for Kontakt 5 Player
Price: $349.99 for new customers ($49.99 – Upgrade for original CYCLONE)