Thunder X3M Taiko is a free library for NI Kontakt. The concept behind the original Thunder Series was to capture unique instrument combinations playing live – on-set mixture between timpani and toms, between Bulgarian tupans, snare drums and many more. The series was held in high regard and after some further experiments with the second volume, the third installment even featured a 15 men percussion ensemble recorded in a big hall playing together!
THUNDER X3M takes all three previous editions of the Thunder Series and breathes new live to the sample material by implementing a powerful engine that allows the user to manipulate and map the samples. This, along with a massive amount of brand new recorded samples, opens vast musical possibilities for every composer out there! The complete Thunder Series has been recorded with multiple Dynamic layers (up to 10) and Round Robins (up to 27 per sound).
The new Thunder Engine
The concept behind the new Thunder engine is fairly simple – the keyboard range is divided into 12 zones that you are able to assign different sounds to. After making the template of your choosing just plug in and play – nothing else needed!
In addition to that the engine also allows you to tweak individual zones, as well as the whole mapped ensemble patch with various effects, mic positions and two custom vintage analog hardware chains. Combining these with the natural and organic recordings you have maximum flexibility when it comes to sound.
Once you load up the Thunder X3M Ensemble Builder you automatically load all samples inside the “Samples” directory. However, the instrument is built in such a way that it actually keeps all samples purged, unless you load them up into a zone. This means that not only you have a single patch with all types of percussion you might need, but it is also optimized and doesn’t hurt your RAM resources in any way!
The new Thunder X3M Engine features:
- 12 percussion zones – you can load up instruments from different categories into 12 separate zones (Low ensembles, High Ensembles, Ethnic Percussion, Epic metals, Sound Design Percussion, Distorted Percussion) and thus create your own percussive template!
- Pitch knob – allows you to adjust the pitch of the samples. Really useful to load a single instrument two times and then change the pitch of one of the zones. For instance – load up a solo Taiko low on zones 1 and 2, then decrease the pitch of zone 2 all the way to the left. And now your have even thicker sound of a taiko – be sure to turn on your sub speaker for even more awesomeness!
- Transient controls – transient attack and sustain work like a compressor; the attack amps up the beginning of the wave file, while the sustain can increase or decrease the sample tail. These are just PERFECT for getting even punchier sound!
- Separate volume and EQ controls for each zone!
- SAVE AND LOAD functions that allow you to easily exchange templates between projects!
- Integrated HELP file
- Three microphone positions – Close, Decca, Hall
- Two custom vintage analog hardware chains, (NYC Compression and Sub-Bass Enhancement), you can seamlessly blend in to enhance the sounds
- Native Instruments Kontakt 5+ FULL version – FREE Player NOT SUPPORTED
- 300 MB of free disk space
- min. of 4GB RAM
Price: Free (Registration Required)