The concept for Cinematic Synthetic Drums (or simply, “CSD”) was simple enough: many modern film, TV and game scores use a rich variety of both acoustic and electronic material. In particular, composers often seek crisp electronic drums that fit nicely alongside orchestral and melodic synth sounds. However, most electronic drum libraries consist of rehashed drum machine sounds as opposed to new and exciting material. So, Impact Soundworks made one, using subtractive synthesis, FM, wavetable, additive and many other types of sound generation and mangling techniques.
Sub-rumbling ensemble hits. Brutal snares. High-tech thips. CSD all the rhythmic tools a modern composer needs for hybrid orchestral/electronic scores, created from scratch with multiple synthesis types and processing.
Every drum hit has 10x variations and a smooth, snappy velocity response. Impact Soundworks created multiple categories of sounds, all mapped intuitively across the keyboard menu-style: bassy hits/kicks, snares and mid/high-range hits, hats, thips, splashes, and crashes. Impact Soundworks also included custom bass drops (great for trailers!) and even a set of textural sounds like bass drones, big reverses, and stabs.
- 100% unique synthetic sounds
- No drum machines or re-used material
- Pre-processed and ready to drop into a mix
- Over 50+ individual sounds
- 10x RR layers per drum
- Bonus drones, textures, reverses and bass drops
- Includes WAV samples to drag-and-drop
- Custom UI with FX, mixer and ensemble maker
- One-click instant gratification FX
- Lightweight and playable menu-style sounds
- Trigger/perform FX via keyswitch
- All on a single page