Sonitarium is a free VST instrument which employs a variant of DSF synthesis with aliasing-free oscillators that generate a quadrature stereo signal. Providing up to 100 oscillators per voice, Sonitarium is most suitable for smooth pads, layered leads, and some oddities.
Sonitarium was made using Synthedit. The sound engine isn’t based on native Synthedit modules, though, but newly coded in C++.
- Aliasing-free DSF oscillators, each generating a quadrature stereo signal.
- Up to 100 oscillators per voice. Unison controls to alter the pitches and phases of the oscillators.
- Freely selectable polyphony with up to 16 voices.
- Text field input for all controls.
- Envelope and key tracking controlled volume. Adjustable pitch bend range.
- Freely adjustable Attack, Decay, and Release slopes.
- MIDI control of all parameters (CC).
- 82 presets.