The free Synsonic Instruments BD-808 Software-Plugin is useful for creating 808-style Bass Drum Sounds for Windows and macOSX. The underlying signal processing is based on a detailed analysis of the original 808 Bass Drum circuit.
With the MIDI-Control it is also possible to use the plugin as a Bass Synthesizer.
Originally the 808 Bass Drum has the following parameters for sound shaping:
- Accent: Strength of the drum sound
- Level: Output level
- Decay: Duration of the drum sound
- Tone: Amount of attack-click
Additionally the Synsonic Instruments BD-808 offers the following useful soundshaping possibilities:
- Tune: Tuning in halftones
- Fine: Tuning in cents
- LongDecay: Extends decay range
- MidiSync-Tune: Tune depends on played Midi-Note
- MidiSync-Accent: Accent depends on Velocity of played Midi-Note
With the MIDI Learn function you can assign any MIDI-Controller to a parameter of the Bass Drum.