GanGsta it´s a Groove Box/Drum Sampler with five elaborated .wav slots.
Despite of only having five .wav sounds per patch, this instrument has a wide range of drum effects configuration. Each of these slots are gifted of three pitch modes:
- Fine (+3/-3 octs), where you may tune freely
- Octave Snap (+3/-3 octs), where you may snap each octave
- Semi snap (11 note range), where you may tune the semitones
The drum sample will play the tunning considering the pitch mode that is selected active on the slot and will work the pitch automation regarding this property.
If you set 1.5 octave fine, one octave on the snapping octave mode and 3 semitones in the semi snap mode, and then automate the snapping octave. What happens?
1 – if you select active the Fine Pitch Mode, no automation is heard and the sample plays regarding this parameter.
2 – if you select active the Octave Pitch Mode, the sample will play regarding Fine Pitch Mode value plus the Octave Pitch Mode value and the automation is performed.
3 – if you select active the Semi Pitch Mode, the sample will play regarding all three Pitch Modes and the automation on the middle mode (Octave Pitch Mode) will be performed.
This is useful for percurssive liftings and octave melodies on House music or Electro House.
Every slot has a Foward/Reverse option, a Loop option that will repeat the sample over the note size in the piano roll of your DAW, Stereo Widenning option that will spread the sample into a big wide range, ADSR Amp Envelope control and Filter (LP/BP/HP/Notch) with Mix control.
It was introduced a Tempo Sync LFO that can be connected to Pan, Filter or both, with a range of 4 Bars to 1/4 including dotted and triplets. This Sync LFO is also gifted of three waveforms (Sine/Triangle/Ramp) and Release Sync option that syncs the way waveforms are used:
- OFF (starts where ended);
- FullNote (triggers waveform per note);
- Bar Start (triggers waveform each bar);
- Transport Run (triggers waveform considering the transport run of your DAW);
- This effect is great to create fade in/out, panning and quick transitions in your percussion.