TAL-Vocoder is a free VST/ AU vintage vocoder emulation with 11 bands that emulates the sound of vocoders from the early 80’s. TAL-Vocoder includes analog modeled components in combination with digital algorithms such as the SFFT (Short-Time Fast Fourier Transform).
TAL-Vocoder does not make a direct convolution of the carrier and modulation signal as other digital vocoders maybe do. TAL-Vocoder includes an envelope follower for every of the eleven bands. TAL-Vocoder is optimized for voice processing and includes some algorithms for consonants to make the voice more intelligible.
The carrier signal is a VCO (Voltage Controlled Oscillator) with a Pulse, Saw, Noise and SubOsc. But it’s also possible to use the left stereo input as carrier. This way every sound source can be used as carrier signal. TAL-Vocoder plug-in supports every sample rate.
- 11 band vocoder engine.
- Internal carrier synth (pulse, saw, sub osc, noise, mono, poly, portamento, sync mode, tune).
- Possiblity to route an external carrier signal.
- Harmonic control (adds more harmonics to any carrier signal)
- “Ess” enhancer for a clean understandable voice, also with a carrier that hasnt much high frequencies.
- Clip LED, glows if the input signal will be clipped.
- Panic button stopps hanging notes within the synth.