BootEQ mkII is a free equalizer and pre-amp simulator combination which provides some nice and musical signal coloration effects.
It is basically the further improved and reworked successor of the already known and popular musical mixing EQ.
Beside some enhancements in the EQ department BootEQ mkII features a detailed modelled pre-amp section including finest transformer and tube style saturation emulation and audio coloring capabilities.
At a glance:
- four parametric and independent EQ bands
- special selected and musical sounding EQ curves and phase responses
- capable of reproducing several ‘classic’ curves and EQ behavior
- well adjusted auto Q and versatile overlapping frequency ranges
- minimized curve warping near Nyquist frequency
- detailed modeled pre-amp simulation
- subtle and nice audio coloration enhancements
- PC / VST compatible
- SSE and Assembler optimized sound engine
- state-of-the-art digital signal processing
- low CPU EQ and minimum latency processing
- musical sounding EQ curves (frequency and phase response)
- signal modeled pre-amp simulation
New EQ improvements are affecting the LF frequency range where now more control is given due to selectable frequencies and a switchable low-cut or peak mode. All other filters and curves remain unchanged.