FL4TT3RY 2 – Free VST is a gentle, squashy compressor intended for use on buses, though it also works well on channels. It has a very soft knee, with a ratio that gradually increases to hard limiting, and a choice between RMS based level detection (with a window size that depends on the attack time) or a brand new peak sensing algorithm.
- slightly gentler transfer curve brings it (subjectively) closer to the hardware that inspired it.
- tweaked attack smoothing to make it a little more aggressive with the fastest settings.
- tweaked release smoothing to make it pump less with the fastest settings.
- new peak sensing mode.
- external sidechain inputs.
- left click the meter to toggle the range between 6, 12 or 18dB
- right click the meter to switch between Gain Reduction metering, or Gain change metering (which includes make-up gain)