RedTron SE is a Special Edition of the REDTRON_400. This VST plug-in uses the Taijiguy’s Mellotron samples (taken from a 1973 Mellotron M400S – Serial #500). The samples have been cleaned (not too much) by removing an annoying 60Hz hum and some unwanted “clicks” and “pops” here and there.
– Nine sound types : MKII Flute, MKII 3 Violins, M400 Cello, MKII Brass, M400 Combined Choir, M400 String Section, M400 Woodwinds, M300A Violins, M300B Violin.
– No loops : like the original Mellotron, each sound is eight seconds long with, in many cases, “the bad endings”.
– Exclusive “Mellotronic Click Switch” (MCS).
On real Mellotrons, “Click” can be heard at the beginning of a note, when the tape comes in contact with the replay head.
On REDTRON_SE, these “clicks ” are randomly generated when you hit a key : you don’t hear twice the same and they can appear on any note.
A rotary knob allows you to control the effect intensity (of course, you can also completely disable it ).
Note : this function is inactive when the attack parameter is set to any value different from zero.
– Layer (two sounds A & B) and split possibilities (octave shift).
– Independent parameters for sound A & B :
– Volume, Tone, Pan, Tune, Reverb, Delay, Attack & Release, Octave & Note parameters.
– Delay effect (Amount, Time, Feedback & Pan parameters).
– Reverb effect (Mix, Width, Size & Damp parameters).
– Full MIDI automation.
– Global Volume control.
– Global Tone control.
– Global Pitch control.
Info & Download >> RedTron SE