Amsynth is a free analog modelling (a.k.a virtual analog) software synthesizer for Mac OS X and Linux. It is an easy-to-use software synth with a classic subtractive synthesizer topology.
It mimics the operation of early analog subtractive synthesizers with classic oscillator waveforms, envelopes, filter, modulation and effects.
The aim is to make it easy to create and modify sounds.
- Dual oscillators (sine / saw / square / noise) with hard sync
- 12/24 dB/oct resonant filter (low-pass / high-pass / band-pass / notch)
- Mono / poly / legato keyboard modes
- Dual ADSR envelope generators (filter & amplitude)
- LFO which can modulate the oscillators, filter, and amplitude
- Distortion and reverb
- Hundreds of presets
Different ways to run amsynth:
- Stand-alone application using JACK, ALSA or OSS
- DSSI plug-in
- LV2 plug-in
- VST plug-in
Info & Download >> Amsynth