Virtual MIDI Piano Keyboard is a MIDI events generator and receiver. It doesn’t produce any sound by itself, but can be used to drive a MIDI synthesizer (either hardware or software, internal or external).
You can use the computer’s keyboard to play MIDI notes, and also the mouse. You can use the Virtual MIDI Piano Keyboard to display the played MIDI notes from another instrument or MIDI file player. To do so, connect the other MIDI port to the input port of VMPK.
- Touch screen support (multi-touch) if it is supported by the OS and hardware.
- RtMIDI-1.0.14 with Jack MIDI support.
- New network MIDI driver (UDP multicast) compatible with IpMIDI and QmidiNet.
- New platform: Symbian3 port.
- New translations: Dutch by Wouter Reckman, and Swedish by Magnus Johansson.
- Fixed a crash when changing the octave base while channel is 10.
- New build options:
RTMIDI_DRIVER: selects the RtMIDI backend. Default depends on the OS. Allowed values: ALSA, JACK, COREMIDI, IRIX, WINMM, NET.
PROGRAM_NAME: selects the executable name.
VMPK has been tested in Linux, Windows and Mac OSX.
Info & Download >> Virtual MIDI Piano Keyboard